Sacran is a natural giant molecular polysaccharide extracted from the algae, Aphanithece Sacrum, which lives in clear spring water from underflow water in ‘Aso’ region. Aphanothece sacrum is a highly valuable plant that can only live in special regions where the water is pristine and flows slowly.
- Milky Lotions
- Skin-care Products
- Makeup Products
- Natural giant molecular
- Natural polysaccharide extracted from Aphanothece sacrum found in Kumamoto and Fukuoka prefectures
- Moisturizing effect
- 10 – fold higher moisture retention capacity compared to hyaluronic acid
- Protective membrane formation
- Functions as a barrier to protect skin from external stimulus
- Anti-inflammatory effect
|Product||INCI Name||Other Ingredients|
|SACRAN B||APHANOTHECE SACRUM POLYSACCHARIDES||Water and Butylene Glycol|
|SACRAN F||APHANOTHECE SACRUM POLYSACCHARIDES||Water and Phenoxyethanol|
CHARACTERISTICS OF SACRAN
- Super-macromolecule with molecular weight of about 20 millon
- Anionic polysaccharide with about 11% of sulfate groups and 12% of carboxyl groups per sugar chain
- Eleven types of monosaccharides including glucose, galactose, xylose and fucose have been identified as components and sacran a novel monosaccharide, sulfated muramic acid
- Aphanothece sacrum is a prokaryote but sacran is predicted to have a similar structure to mucopolysaccharides produced eukaryotes and is anticipated to have a range of physiological activities
Xanthan gum decreases in viscosity when heated. On the other hand, sacran does not show any change in viscosity due to heating and remains stable. This difference in viscosity was confirmed to increase when heated.
Increase in viscosity due to the addition of salt
Addition of various concentration of salts (NaCl) to 1% (w/v) sacran solution resulted in an increase in sacran viscosity. The maximum viscosity was reached when the concentration was equivalent (about 0.9%) to physiological salt solution.
WATER RETENTION CAPACITY
Using the improved tea bag method, a water retention assay was conducted for sacran, hyaluronic acid and xanthan gum. As a result of measuring the volume (ml) of water retained by 1 g (dry weight) of each sample, sacran was found to have a water retention capacity exceeding 6000-fold its own weight. Furthermore, compared to hyaluronic acid and xanthan gum, it was confirmed to have a water retention capacity 5 times and 10 times greater than hyaluronic acid when using pure water and salt water for the assay, respectively.
Sacran solution (concentration: 10 ppm) was applied to mica and observed by atomic force microscopy (AFM). Sacran found to form a mesh-like film and to be a macromolecule with a length of 12 µm
For more information, please contact us by filling out below form
Get a cost estimate
Please submit a detailed outline of your business requirement so that our team of experts could get in touch with you with a customised product/service cost estimate within the next 48 hours.
FRP Services & Company offices in 18+ cities in 12+ countries
- FRP SERVICES & CO INDIA PVT LTD,
F 104, Ascot Centre,
Sahar Airport Road,
Andheri - East, Mumbai
HANOI REPRESENTATIVE OFFICE
NORTH AMERICA - USA
- FRP SERVICES & CO. (AMERICA) INC.
535 Fifth Avenue,
Suite 1008, New York,
- +1 (212) 695 8000
- +1 (212) 695 3100