Core materials play an important role in the composite industry. They are intricate structures that are bonded to two thin, stiff sheets on either side, forming what is known as a “sandwich structure”. Sandwich structures are used in a multitude of contexts, such as in building construction, aircraft and vehicular construction, as well as refrigeration engineering.
Our core materials support high-quality sandwich structures, as they are composed of non-woven components that boast remarkable workability as well as being cost and weight-efficient. Laminates that utilize our core materials carry the advantage of being light-weight and able to withstand high impact and fatigue
Contact our specialists to inquire about how we can make our quality core materials suitable for your business requirements.
- U-Pica Mat® is a low density, non woven continuous strand laminate bulker print control mat containing approximately 45% by volume of microballoons and having a density of 0.045G/cm2.
- U-Pica Mat® has excellent wet-out property for unsaturated polyester resins and absorbs about 55% by volume of the resin.
- No change of thickness is observed even after the resin has been cured.
U-Pica Mat® is available in 5 standard grades.
|Roll weigth||kg||about 4||about 5||about 7||about 8||about 10|
* Maximum available width is 127 cm.
Each individual roll is wound on a paper core and wrapped with blue polyethylene film.
U-Pica Mat® should be stored dry in its original packaging, in a well ventilated area away from direct light. Rolls must be stored vertically, as horizontal storage or piling might affect thickness.
For more information, please contact us by filling out below form
Get a cost estimate
Please submit a detailed outline of your business requirement so that our team of experts could get in touch with you with a customised product/service cost estimate within the next 48 hours.
FRP Services & Company offices in 18+ cities in 12+ countries
- FRP SERVICES & CO INDIA PVT LTD, F 104, Ascot Centre, Sahar Airport Road, Andheri - East, Mumbai India 400099
- FRP SERVICES & CO. (AMERICA) INC.535 Fifth Avenue, Suite 1008, New York, NY 10017, U.S.A
- +1 (212) 695 8000
CANADA REP OFFICE
Shanghai World Expo Exhibition & Convention Center(SWEECC), China
Intex Osaka, Osaka, Japan
Boca Raton Resort & Club, South Florida, USA
COEX Convention and Exhibition Center, Seoul, South Korea
Paris Expo Porte de Versailles, France
Dubai International Convention and Exhibition Centre
Indiana Convention Center Indianapolis, USA