Glass Flake / Glass Flakes
- C-glass platelet of about 5µm thick and 10~4,000µm wide
- Extends life of protective coating : dispersed through the coating, prevents the ingress of water vapour and chemical solutions
- Prevents cracking and peeling : provides a thermal stabilization layer in the protective coating
- Improves wear resistance : increases hardness of epoxy and polyester resin coatings
- Improves chemical resistance: Borosilicate C-glass makes good resistance to chemical attacks, compared to other types of glass
Microglas® Glasflake is ideal for use in vinyl ester, epoxy, acrylic paints and acrylic coatings as a barrier against corrosive attacks by chemicals and moisture.
|Item||Glass||Specific Gravity||Thickness (mm)||Particle Size Distribution (mm)||Loss of Ignition||Surface Treatment Agent|
|> 1700 1700 -||1700 - 300||300 - 150||150 - 45 < 45|
|RCF-015||C||2.5||Avg.5±2||0||12 or less||88 or more|
|RCF-160||C||2.5||Avg.5±2||0||10 or less||65 or more||25 or less|
|RCF-600||C||2.5||Avg.5±2||0||80 or more||20 or less|
|RCF-160A||C||2.5||Avg.5±2||0||10 or less||65 or more||25 or less||Aminosilane|
|RCF-160N||C||2.5||Avg.5±2||0||10 or less||65 or more||25 or less||Acrylsilane|
|RCF-600N||C||2.5||Avg.5±2||0||80 or more||20 or less||Acrylsilane|
Microglas® Glass flake is available in a range of surface treatments to suit different resins:
N (Acryl silane) for vinyl ester / A (Amino silane) for Epoxy.
Microglas® Glass Flake is supplied in moisture proof paper bags, each weighing 20kg (net weight).
For bulk shipments, the bags of glass flake are palletised and further
protected by cardboard and polyethylene wrapping:
RCF-015 48 x 20 kg bags = 960 kg total net weight per pallet
RCF-160 28 x 20 kg bags = 560 kg total net weight per pallet
RCF-600 14 x 20 kg bags = 280 kg total net weight per pallet
RCF-2300 12 x 20 kg bags = 240 kg total net weight per pallet
RCF-160A 28 x 20 kg bags = 560 kg total net weight per pallet
RCF-160N 36 x 20 kg bags = 720 kg total net weight per pallet
RCF-600N 16 x 20 kg bags = 320 kg total net weight per pallet
FRP Services & Company reserves the right to change the information given herein without prior notice. We believe this information to be reliable, but do not guarantee its applicability to the user’s process or assume liability for occurrence arising out of its use. The user, by accepting products described herein agrees to be responsible for thoroughly testing any application before committing to production.
For more information, please contact us by filling out below form
Get a cost estimate
Please submit a detailed outline of your business requirement so that our team of experts could get in touch with you with a customised product/service cost estimate within the next 48 hours.
FRP Services & Company offices in 18+ cities in 12+ countries
- FRP SERVICES & CO INDIA PVT LTD, F 104, Ascot Centre, Sahar Airport Road, Andheri - East, Mumbai India 400099
- FRP SERVICES & CO. (AMERICA) INC.535 Fifth Avenue, Suite 1008, New York, NY 10017, U.S.A
- +1 (212) 695 8000
CANADA REP OFFICE
Paris Nord Villepinte Exhibition Centre
Indiana Convention Center Indianapolis