Polyester Colour Paste
|PURE WHITE||NEUTRAL GREY||SILVER GREY||SACREST GREY|
|ICE BLUE||COOL GREEN||GOSSAMER
|SOFT GREEN||LIME GREEN||YELLOW GREEN||BRIGHT
|LEAF GREEN||OPAL GREEN||BRILLIANT
|LIGHT BLUE||SAPHIRE BLUE||PALE CREAM||MANILLA
|BRILLIANT RED||SIGNAL RED||POST
|STORM GREY||PURE BLACK|
THE FRP STANDARD COLOUR RANGE is made up of 36 popular shades. The colours are blends of high quality inorganic and organic pigments finely dispersed into a monomer free unsaturated polyester resin for maximum storage stability. They are to be used at between 8% and 12%, in clear polyester gel coat and at between 3% and 5% in clear polyester backing resin. A filled or fire retardant system may affect the shade. The colour ingredients are selected to be economical and will perform well, provided the user adheres to the manufacturer’s instructions for the resin system. It is highly recommended that guidance be sought from FRP for applications involving harsh environmental conditions, such as continual exposure to strong sunlight or chemical agents, especially for the brighter and stronger colours.
FURTHER GUIDANCE – Mixing with the parent resin is best done with a low speed mechanical stirrer or with a suitable hand held tool. High speed mixing may result in air voids in the final article. All colours are manufactured under ISO 9002 quality systems to a tolerance of CIELAB D.E. 0.5 from a master standard. However, for technical reasons associated with colour printing, the above colour swatches may not be truly representative of the final colour achieved.
Uniformity of the colour can be affected by:
- Batch variation of the colour of the clear resin or gel coat particularly with paler shades.
- Incorrect weighing of the colour paste. The addition must be done by weight due to variation in specific gravities of the colour paste.
- Varying gel coat thickness.
- Inaccurately added catalyst and accelerators.
For more information, please contact us by filling out below form
Get a cost estimate
Please submit a detailed outline of your business requirement so that our team of experts could get in touch with you with a customised product/service cost estimate within the next 48 hours.
FRP Services & Company offices in 18+ cities in 12+ countries
- FRP SERVICES & CO INDIA PVT LTD, F 104, Ascot Centre, Sahar Airport Road, Andheri - East, Mumbai India 400099
- FRP SERVICES & CO. (AMERICA) INC.535 Fifth Avenue, Suite 1008, New York, NY 10017, U.S.A
- +1 (212) 695 8000